Website Fowlers of Bristol (Engineers) LTD
Job Title: CNC Machine – Setter/Operator
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Location: Avonmouth, Bristol
Contract Type: Permanent / Full Time
Hours: 37.5 hours per Week
Fowlers of Bristol (Engineers) Ltd is a well-established Bristol based manufacturing firm which produces high quality, sheet metal & precision engineered products predominantly for the Aerospace & Defence industry. We employ approx. 24 staff and have a turnover of approximately £1.8M per annum.
The Setter/Operator will be responsible for the set-up and machining of various production parts using our Hardinge & XYZ VMC’s
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Set and Operate Vertical Machining Centres.
2. Set and Operate using Siemens 810D / 828 (Shopmill Control) or similar.
3. Read and Interpret Engineering Drawings.
4. Work to fine tolerances.
5. Inspect machined parts.
6. Ensuring machine downtime is kept to the absolute minimum.
7. Liaising with the Engineering Manager and the Machining Team to ensure work going through the machines is produced in a timely, efficient and safe manner to meet both customer & company targets.
The ideal person will have;
1. Practical experience of setting & operating Vertical Machining Centres.
2. Knowledge and experience of using traditional (manual) machine tools.
3. I.T. Literate (Outlook, Word & Excel)
5. Desire to contribute positively and work as part of a small team.
Please forward CV to enable us to consider your application further
Applications to be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Day shift