To meet the ongoing needs of our customers, Fowlers is committed to continually improving our Quality System. Quality Assurance activities are carried out in accordance with the relevant standards listed above, demonstrating a high level of control over our manufacturing process. Stages include:
- Comprehensive contract review
- Process flow modelling, PFMEA (Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis), control plans
- Clearly defined manufacturing process
- First off, in process and final inspection stages
- Control of sub-contract operations
- Material control and traceability
- Document control/review (including drawings and specifications)
- Regular internal audits against documented procedures and customer requirements
- Performance monitoring against quality, cost and delivery
- Control of non-conforming product
- Annual management review
We are audited on an annual basis by our accreditation body (SGS) and typically once a year by our major aerospace customers. Our Quality team is fully trained in internal auditing, measurement system analysis (Gauge R&R) and Customer Eyes Oversight (CEO) release activities.
Many of our customers generate monthly performance data and scorecards: we also monitor our own performance on a regular basis, taking corrective actions where necessary to ensure we continue not only to satisfy but to exceed our customers’ expectations.